Hair is one of the most defining features of mammals and certainly other organism. Hair is an important part of the body which apart from functioning to serve many bodily functions is also an essential component to enhance an individual’s beauty. Having healthy, long and beautiful hairs needs lot of care and good habits. Taking care of the fat tissue, and simultaneously nourishing the bone, is the key to hair growth. Impurities in the fat tissue cause weakened bone production, and that is reflected in dull hairs.
According to Ayurveda pitta dosha is responsible for all kinds of hair problems. The medicines aims towards balancing the dosha and hence hair growth. A proper health habits are also important to have healthy hairs.
Hair fall is a common problem seen in both men and women. People become anxious when the hair fall starts and try all the products available in the market. But the result is zero. Instead of doing all these and wasting money, there is a simple home remedy using which you can control hair fall and also can get a healthy and beautiful hairs.
Prepare the below said oils and use it for premature greying and hair fall;
- Mix 20thola* white hibiscus leaves juice with 20 thola* white hibiscus flower juice and 20 thola* gingelly oil. Boil this on a low flame till only oil remains. Remove from the fire and cool. Once cooled, add few drops of any oil of your choice and store it in a bottle.
Usage: Take 1-2teaspoon of oil in a bowl. Dip your fingers in oil and slowly massage on to the roots of your hairs. Hairs become strong, lengthy with natural color within 10-15days of regular usage.
- Grind together 3thola* rose petals and 20 thola* henna flowers to get fine paste. Keep aside. Pound/ground ½ thola* jatamansi (spikenard or tapasvini) and 1thola* kachora (wild/white turmeric) to get fine choorna from it. Boil 10 thola* cow milk. When it starts to boil, add grinded paste and pounded choorna to this and mix well. After 5 or 10 minutes, add 10 thola* mustard oil. Boil these on a low flame till only oil remains after all the water content gets evaporated. Remove from the fire and cool. Store it in an airtight container once cooled.
Usage: Take out 2-3teaspoon of oil in a bowl and dip your fingers into it. Slowly massage to the roots of the hair. For people with more hair fall, apply morning after bath and night before going to bed.
If hair fall is due to some internal disease, then along with applying the oil, do consult an Ayurveda physician and take medicines. For women, after delivery with lot of hormone imbalance, there can be excess hair fall. So it is good to take medicine along with applying this oil.
- Boil coconut oil and to that add Aloe Vera gel. After Sometimes, when it is cooled, filter oil and apply on scalp daily. It helps nourish you hairs making it grow thick and long.
For black hairs: For immature greying of hairs:
- Take a fist full of both Indian jujube leaves and lemon leaves. Pound this adding 2 tsp amla powder and make a fine paste. Apply this on head and cover it with a long oudala leaves and tie it. Do this before going to bed. The next day, wash it with warm water. If done regularly, hairs become naturally black and lengthy.
Few tips for healthy hairs:
- A balanced diet with a variety of nutrients is very essential for hairs as it is for any other body part. Healthy food habits are very important for proper digestion and absorption of foods. A healthy digestive system is related to good hair growth. Include raw vegetables, dal, green and leafy vegetables, dairy products, nuts etc.
- Ayurveda suggest having a good sleep for proper functioning of the body which includes hairs also. Sleep before 10pm that is before pitta period.
- Usage of harsh chemical shampoos and soaps will harm hair growth and hence problems like premature greying, hair fall and other problems arise.
- Use Ayurveda oils made from Bhringaraj, brahmi to prevent hair fall and premature greying of hairs.
- Do not comb wet hairs as its roots are usually weak and tend to break. Comb only when your hairs are completely dried.
- Trim your hairs to avoid split ends.
- Stress and anxiety are also the cause for hair fall and other related diseases. So try to get rid of these by practicing YOGA and meditation.
- Jatamansi: also known as tapasvini is a popular Ayurveda herb generally used in the treatment of neuropsychiatric diseases and skin disorders. This herb has a bitter taste with pitta balancing quality and hence used as a blood purifier. The herb helps in skin diseases, improves skin complexion, strengthens immunity and also relieves from burning sensation on skin
- Henna: is an Ayurveda herbal plant found all over India. It is also known as mehendi, manjha, gorintaka, aivanam, mailanchi etc. Henna is used to dye hairs since age. It cures fungal infections, wounds and scabies on skin. The herb is used for treatments like fever, jaundice, ulcers, bleeding disorders, and skin diseases.
- Kachora: also known as wild/white turmeric, the herb is used mainly to reduce phlegm. It is a good herb which helps in the purification of blood, heals wounds, balances kapha dosha, removes intestinal gas etc. Kachora is used in hair oils for fragrance.
- Indian jujube: also known as ber fruit or bore hannu /bore mara, ilandi, Chinese apple etc. The herb is rich in vitamin c and used in the treatment of bleeding disorder, excessive thirst, fever, burning sensation etc. India jujube plants root, leaf and fruit are used in Ayurveda.
- Oudala: also known as haralu, castor, errand, avanakku etc. the plants root, seeds and leaves are extensively used in Ayurveda medicine for both internal and external treatments. The herb balances kapha and vata doshas. Oudala/castor leaves are antimicrobial-useful in worm infestation; it relives bladder pain, urinary retention, dysuria etc.
- Bhringaraj: an important Ayurveda herb widely used in the treatment of hair fall, liver disorders, skin diseases etc. Bhringaraj balance kapha and vata doshas. This herb can be found easily everywhere in India and the whole plant is used in Ayurveda.
- Brahmi: a medicinal herb that improves intelligence naturally. It is a memory enhancer, promotes youthful vitality and longevity.
- thola: =11.616 grams approximately 12grams; it is an ancient system of weight scale
The information & Remedies provided on the website is for informational purpose only and has to be approved by your doctor before proceeding for self-medication. Any remedies and its benefits and uses given are believed to be accurate, however, should not be relied on in any way in making a decision whether to treat any common ailments you or your family members may suffer without consulting a certified Ayurvedic practitioner or Doctor.
Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Please rate the article and leave a comment below. Also do share the Articles with your friends and family on your social media networks.